Sunday, September 15, 2013

Journal Entry 091513-A: The day that most definitely would have been the best day of my life!

Friends,

On September 15, 2004 Hurricane Ivan made landfall just west of Gulf Shores, Alabama and what could have turned out to be the best day of my life in reality would turn out to be the worst day of my life.

I was on top of the world when the sun rose that day. I had 10 houses under construction and everything that a man could want in this life.

I fell asleep late that afternoon on the way home from where I live now and missed a damn Pecan Tree! That my friends was the worst thing that never happened to me!

If I had hit that tree while I was on top of the world people would have come my funeral that hate my guts now.

Imagine having everything only to go go through 21st Century Hell! If you can make that list then I salute you!

I have thought about that day every damn day since and if I had just died that day what a wonderful casket I would have been buried in although I would like to be cremated and buried in The Gulf of Mexico!

I'd like a bench on the pier but Fuck-it! If nobody wants to pay for it the hell with it!

Every time someone says "I'm glad you didn't hit that tree- I think. "For God Sakes- if they knew what I know they wouldn't be a bit surprised that I wish like hell I had hit that damn tree."

The five sheets of plywood and the door hitting me in the back of the neck would have cut my miserable head off!

Out a winner!

9 years ago Today!

If you would like to read more about Hurricane Ivan a link to Wikipedia is supplied.

God Bless, Peace, Love and Knowledge!

Floyd Clifton Wooley

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hurricane_Ivan

No comments:

Weather Channel

Popular Posts