Monday, October 7, 2013

Journal Entry 100713-A: 12th Anniversary!

Friends,

Today marks the 12th Anniversary of the War in Afghanistan.

I thought it important to make note of this important date for Americans of All Ages and that of our Allies.

As I passed the Fairhope Municipal Library tonight a group of adults were teaching a group of young people how to bring in the flag at night and how to properly fold it.

I briefly thought of this anniversary and the many millions of Americans that the Wars that our Country and those of our Allies were drawn into on September 11, 2001.

I guess even as I write this post with the Monday Night Football game on between The New York Jets and The Atlanta Falcons playing on the television in the background I'm thinking of the sacrifice brought upon the Citizens of our Country and that of our Allies and certainly it would be a shame and a disgrace on my part not to consider also those that have made the ultimate sacrifice in defense of our Freedoms both those killed and injured.

First civilian then those in the service of our Countries.

Have a nice Monday evening.

Floyd Clifton Wooley

No comments:

Weather Channel

Popular Posts