Thursday, June 14, 2012

Journal Entry 061412-A: Floyd Henry Wooley.

Friends,

My Grand-Father! Floyd Henry Wooley.

Played the "Catcher Position" on a team in Miami in an "exhibition" game against The New York Yankees and Babe Ruth!

The story goes when the "Babe" stepped up to plate and pointed his bat in to where he would hit a "home-run" and did my grand-father "said somethin" and when he stepped to the plate "he also pointed to the place he was to hit a "home-run anx did!

The story goes they got into a brawl after the game and the Miami, Florida riot police were called.

They ripped my grand-daddys shirt off and a lady sitting next to my "grand-mother" yelled!

That man "isnt human" he is covered in hair!

Who knows if they brought him down; I doubt it!

He kept a piece of steak in his glove also!

His favorite quote to my dad "Floyd Edward Wooley" and passed on to me; was:

"You Cant Have All your Eggs in One Basket!"

Good Lord and God the Father I wish I had known him but I hope to see him in "Heaven" just not right now!

God bless, Peace, Love and Knowledge!

Floyd Clifton Wooley
The Southern Poverty Law Center.

No comments:

Weather Channel

Popular Posts