Monday, October 14, 2013

Journal Entry 101413-C: Moon Shot!

Friends,

Heck yall I was walking into Wal-mart tonight after work and looked up and thought "Dad-gum! That's a pretty moon rising into the evening clouds. I think I will take a pic and talk about the dang thing!"

First of all what year is this? 2013? Lord God-Almighty!

Not to be too negative but my God!

We are running slightly behind aren't we don't yall think?

I grew up with Space 1999, 2001 A Space Odyssey and 2010 A Space Odyssey!

I knew Star Trek and Aliens was a little far fetched but Lord yall.

I figured if us and the Russians didn't blow our two countries up we would both at least race to the Planets.

Now it takes both of us to get to the International Space Station and China probably will get to the Moon again before we do and possibly to Mars prior to the United States and Russia even if we could get along.

Damn terrorists have ruined the 21st Century and I mean that with all due respect to those that have given the ultimate sacrifice and their families including the injured.

The next group that is to blame are the people we have elected to run our governments- not all but most.

If it weren't for people like Sir Richard Branson our Children's Children wouldn't even have a chance to do what we should already have and that is economical travel to at least low-earth orbit.

The last point I want to make is in this twelve year war- have we increased technology for the betterment of man-kind or have we made it easier for our government and others to steal our Freedom's on the cheap?

It's just a question yall.

Think about it.

NASA produced wonderful advances in positive technology for man-kind in the 60's, 70's, 80's and 90's.

Then a small group of people ruined the future.

At least for the short-term. I hope.

Floyd Clifton Wooley

P.S.- 100,000,000 million planets plus! You think our great grand-children from America or Russia have a chance to get to one in 500 years?
I don't think so myself.
We most likely will get hit by a rock two people may have seen if not arguing over something petty on the internet cause they didn't pick up the telephone and talk before the rock smashed em flat!
Am I guilty myself?
Hell yes! Guilty as Charged. How bout you.
Stop by and see me at Battleship Marine and see me if you get a chance.

No comments:

Weather Channel

Popular Posts