Friday, October 25, 2013

Journal Entry 102413-A: Health Insurance and the Small Business!

Friends,

I just looked at my Blue Cross mail regarding the changes to my insurance plan starting January 1, 2014.

I didn't get past the first page before I threw the damn thing down and walked away from desk.

On that first page it indicates that my insurance goes up $100.00 dollars a month January 1, 2014!

Like I said "I didn't get past the first page!"

I'm still trying like hell to get over the lead up to the first great depression of the 21st Century.

Okay they called it a recession in Washington but out here in the real world it was damn depression.

I hope you would agree. If you were in the construction I feel like you would.

I drove around trying to get out my house because I was so depressed from not being able to pay for materials on jobs in 2005- I was driving around trying to lift my spirits by seeing other builder's projects proceeding when I discovered I wasn't alone!

I remember thinking "Oh my God- it looks like the end of the world had happened and sat in my truck and cried for everyone from the people wanting a home to the builder's, suppliers and tradesmen and women.

Let me move forward to today.

The Stock Market is back and we are building some houses at least in Baldwin County we are building some houses again.

In the process I'm trying like hell to get over the "psychological" effects of that period of time in our nations history and start a small business from scratch.

As for my future it depends on staying in this retail business 5 years so every dollar counts!

Next year will be my third year in business and a $100.00 a month is a lot of money out of my monthly budget!

I would assume from what I read on the page the increase is Obamacare related.

Don't get me wrong I want everyone to have basic "health Insurance" too- I just do!

I just have to say this though. If on my little income my premium is going up $100.00 a month what the hell did they do to everyone else up there in Washington?

I hope I don't anyone's feelings here but if you make less than $100,000.00 a year in this country you are not "really" middle-class.

I know. I always have thought I was in the "middle-class" but I have yet to get there and stay there long enough to say "damn honey we reached middle-class a while back"! I forgot to mention it so we could celebrate it!

Now I could care-less if I ever get to middle-class as long as I can pay my expenses and have a dollar left in my pocket.

To do that- I need five years in business. Bottom-line.

I guess that's my sound-off for today!

I don't have much more to say on the subject of Health Insurance today.

Heck I even took a few breaks while writing this post to go "attack a tree" or two and re-treat but I will say this in closing- "if Washington doesn't get it together and I mean both parties and soon and solve some of the problems we have in this country in my opinion we could easily have another depression that Washington will call a recession and our grand-children will suffer.

I personally don't feel our country could stand another depression and recover to it's 20th Century standing on this planet.

But what do I know?

Have a good week-end and maybe I'm wrong.

I think we will all know in the next ten years though.

Floyd Clifton Wooley

No comments:

Weather Channel

Popular Posts