Thursday, August 19, 2010

Mind control or something that could be used to help the hearing impaired?

University of AlabamaImage via Wikipedia

Friends,

Do you ever wonder just what technology has produced that we don't have all the details on?

Personally I do, have and for God sakes have experienced I feel something that is either one hell of a medical break through or just a plain old system of a way to keep someone confused as to the likes you would never imagine unless you were involved.

I've been at times afraid to even discuss it but there comes a time when you wonder are you meaning myself insane or am I a party to something that has become common knowledge which means I've just been afraid to discuss it which again brings me to the point am I just "insane"?

I know I'm ADHD have been my whole life! I know I am hyper "have been my whole life"! Inattentive? Yes in most cases if not all at the time only to remember in detail later what was said. I wish I had paid attention in school to all my teachers like that but I just took something to school to distract me when I was bored or just hated the subject at hand.

Then it was girls. Enough said. They kept me distracted, dad-gum girls! Why else would I start jogging and tanning? So when I came back to school when I was 16 and have something positive happen. Well it did. I've got a son that will be 28 next month on the 5th! Thanks Tammy really it has turned out okay even if you did break me and Tonya up with that crying in Chapel! Tonya and I went together one day!

I've never paid attention well even if I were looking directly at you. An example would be if you walked into any place I may at the time be working and told me your name! I'd forget it in heart beat- literally!

If you are a salesperson you understand if that has ever happened even once to you- but in my case it is every last time! Why? Not because I didn't care. No! The exact opposite.

I was thinking ahead and about you and what you might be interested in. Whatever the situation I just had to write your name down and I've done it my whole life eventually particularly if you ordered something from me as when I sold Marine supplies.

I tried repeating your name to myself. I tried everything including using something OTC for years but I wanted to get to know you so bad and wanted to serve you so well I just couldn't keep that name so I tried the only thing that works!

Medicine and writing your name down immediately once I started selling homes! Oh sure after you came in my retail store or the one's I worked for two or three times I'd know you but otherwise in a situation such as selling your dream home I had to carry a legal pad with me and write your name down- immediately!

I never referred to anyone as Joe or Cindy I referred to you as Mr. Jenkins or Mrs. Jenkins! Sometimes you'd pull in the parking lot and I'd go blank. I'd have to run find your file and refresh my memory real quick- that's why I had a buzzer or a clear view of the window and asked my sales-contractors to do the same just in case they got as excited as I did when customers pulled up or walked in so they wouldn't have that embarrassing situation like I had experienced most of my life since about 12 or less!

My parents had service stations and customers came in daily that I would eventually get to know and others just passing through from Louisiana or Texas heading to the gulf for the week-end or back.

Mr. Hamrick was one of our good customers. He was in almost daily. He owned Hamrick Toyota in downtown Mobile and was one of my favorite customers because although I may not remember everything he said I just got to know him and his ways that stuck in my memory in a fond and what I would call- well he taught me. I learned how to treat people from knowing people like Mr. Hamrick!

I remember shaking Lee Roy Jordan's hand as a child because his finger was larger than my hand!

Eddie Stanky used to launch his boat at my parents launching ramp. I learned his name because he talked to me every time he launched and who could forget his voice or face and I don't remember much of what he said because he was in a hurry most of the time to get out on the water but he'd ask how I was doing in school and I'd blow that off the best I could! LOL! I wish I had not done that to be honest. In fact I think I was out of school about half the time I had to know him.

I learned from him without realizing it.

Mike Duboise stopped in one time for gas and I remembered his name by reference for God's sakes! He was an assistant on Coach Perkins team at Alabama and although I was married and had a child at 17 he told me to go back to school whatever it took. I don't know if it was his name on the craedit card or just his recruiting attitude but we got on the subject somehow. Maybe I was the only one on duty that day and it was my 4.1 speed! LOL! Well I could handle a pretty good bit of business by myself. Not as much as the Pruitt's but I never had the chance.

I don't know if I believe Coach Crist at Central Baptist but he did have me run it twice and the 100 yard dash wasn't bad either.

He did ask me to run track and I didn't even know we had a track team. That's the truth. 10.2 but hey I wasn't in football gear or anything so I'm not bragging- Now I'm slow as Methuselah! Knees and shins aren't what they used to be.

He even told me Joey Jones had attended Central Baptist before transferring to Murphy I think he said. I'd have to look up Coach Jones bio to see if it is mentioned but anyway I was only 5'10" and 145 pounds.

The bottom-line is those people that influenced my life I didn't have to order anything for or much else but provide the service my Dad expected me too.

Admiral Denton I met in Wagner Marine or kingfisher Marine as it later became and I do remember he along with myself and my father discussing Washington and why he left. Who could forget meeting someone that told you if you or your father I can't remember who he was intending to make an impression on he said "Why don't yall run I don't like anything about Washington"! He was senator for you that don't know and wrote the book I can't remember the name "When Hell was In Session"! I want to read it one day that is the one and only reason I ever went to the doctor in the first place was to get back to be able to sit, read and listen.

Thank You Doctor Bergmann but most all than You Doctor Katherine Ney for sticking with my difficult self. Otherwise I'd be laying on the couch depressed and unfit for duty if I could shake one or two issues and that is discussed in the first paragraph and my other blogs.

Did I order anything for him and write his name down. Who knows but he was in more than once. He lived and I hope still lives on Fowl River.

I never will forget meeting "Coach Stallings"! We had done some advertising on WKSJ-FM in 1990! For the business I had received a invitation to a bankquet for two.

He walked into room. Noticed my wife and I probably because we were young and walked straight over to our table first stuck out his hand to me looked at me then my wife and said "Hello, My name is Gene Stallings, Head Football coach at "The University of Alabama!

I don't remember much after that other than he spoke. I was in awe. My dad and I met Coach Fran but Hell I wasn't as impressed and that might be in hindsight! LOL!
No offense to him because he did go try to get those "Aggies" on the right track which is fine with me I just would like to have seen it handled in different manner. You Bama fans know what I mean.

The subject is using a system that seems to be for a what I know in my heart is a negative cause in my case well it could be used for a positive cause and I have personal experience through a family member but who knows I might just be "insane"!

Love, Peace and knowledge!

Floyd C Wooley



Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Weather Channel

Popular Posts