Friday, August 20, 2010

For Friends, Family, Person that may have had a nervous breakdown & feels they need disability!

The Statue of Liberty front shot, on Liberty I...Image via Wikipedia

August 20, 2010 - Friday

For Friends, Family, Person that may have had a nervous breakdown & feels they need disability!
Current mood: grateful
Category: Blogging
Friends,

The information I'm about to give you can be found for your own use to determine if or whether some situation in your life a friends or a family members may be worthy of consideration for a disability claim that can be backed up with testing through written or verbal interviews by qualified doctors in the field hopefully without any further damage to the person affected and their state of mind.

I myself am not a doctor nor do I want you to consider anything I say to be fact. I want you to read the information as published by our government so that your family member, friend or yourself does not suffer the fate of having one side of your circle feel one way while the other side of your circle may think another and put pressure on you or those involved in a worse situation even if only temporarily!

I am going to say this though, I may be wrong but it took me some time actually several years and several doctors because of my particular situation to feel that I needed to file and stay with that application until it was approved due in part to the fact I had very little trust in the mental health community. When I did allow myself to be talked into my seeking help I over communicated (my opinion) and expected to much too quick thus ruining a relationship with a doctor only to move around to other doctors not understanding that it took complete honesty and allowing them to prescribe the different medications upon my honesty which I am not sure I or they in a situation or two had the knowledge at the time to even know what I needed to be honest about or how to treat me as for the medication(s).

The time wasted and the different treatment by different doctors without being with the most qualified that I could have been with from just after my decision to seek help was in part my fault if not fully.

I lost valuable time in my life doing harm to my relationships with family and friends by NOT staying with the doctor I am now with over a disagreement that if I had given it time and let her "work" my diagnosis I would have either been found disabled temporarily or stabilized as I feel she has done for me now which will hopefully allow me to do what I can show you is possible, and that is to regain the ability time to work as per guidelines you will read as you research.

Being able to work and have the self-respect and rewards of that many fa-cited endeavor be you employed or self-employed in the job or career of your choice is part of the American Dream and the American Dream is impossible (for the most part) to have if you can't have self-respect and dignity not to mention a decent income which is not to say disability isn't something we shouldn't appreciate as American citizens.

If you are physically disabled I'm for you 100% and hope you have no ill regards for what I'm writing about and hopefully you can do what you want to in life.

With regards to having a mental breakdown which is much easier to have than I ever imagined is also easier than you may think to manage as long as you have support around you that has the information they need to help you and gain your cooperation as well as a qualified doctor.

Don't let your upbringing or pride get in the way of helping yourself both for your family's sake and your own and find and stay with your qualified physician in the field and tell them every thing you need to; to explain your issues so that your family because in some cases of your stubbornness loses faith in you or a plan that puts you in situations that make your state of mind worse further complicating matters. Believe me on this point they can become very complicated and time lost is life lost for everyone!

Issues:

1.) How do you feel at this moment the moment you are with your doctor.
2.) Explain anything you have experienced that may have you in this state.
3.) Explain as you are treated how you feel both mentally and physically even if that means sharing information among your doctors yourself or have someone you trust do that for you and make sure it gets done.
4.) Make notes of anything important yourself no matter how crazy it may seem for your own good particularly if you are being pressured or otherwise by anyone or anything including financial or personal.
5.) Keep it personal between you and your trusted loved one, friend and doctor(s).
6.) Keep notes on the different medications and how they effect you because the one that is right may not be right with another and your doctor has to know this or your wasting your time.
7.) number 6 is the one that breeds impatience so hold on to that and if your are ADD or ADHD most likely that is one you've lost anyway until you get on the right medication.
8.) If you have self-medicated tell them. Why, What and how long and the result because the problem you have now may or may not be related.
9.) Stay away from internet sites promising miracles that can't be substantiated by someone you can interview yourself.
10.) Make sure you compare apples to apples- you know what I mean? Are they being honest with you about their own circumstances? Maybe not.
11.) Anyone that feel you can self-heal but doesn't believe in self-help is someone to be cautious of in other words read reliable information. Compare results of your research and look for reliable information that disputes your own findings. If it is available well you'll understand.
12.) Don't worry about making mistakes but watch your medication(s) and if they make you irritable or jumpy get in touch with your doctor before you wind up in a world of hurt. A simple combination or a simple change can make life better or worse in a hurry.
13.) Stay away from anyone that could in anyway get the idea you want or need them to make your situation worse. You will know. Paranoia: Look it up in the dictionary and don't let anyone make that more of a problem by testing you even if you have to avoid them and stay with the people that believe in you and understand your goal is to get better not stay in the grip of those that test you. You'll know that crap when you hear it!
14.)Your doctor is the place to be tested.

I know it sounds difficult but it is but life is worth every last effort to make better in every category including quality!

http://www.ssa.gov/disability/professionals/bluebook/12.00-MentalDisorders-Adult.htm

Note: The address listed above takes you to where you can begin to educate yourself a loved one or friend!

In Section 12.00 Mental disorders you will find a categorized list and the details of what is entailed with each listing.

Under the sub headings if you are dealing with a pre-existing condition such as ADD, ADHD & depression or as an individual you will read what would seem to indicate that depression, stress, anxiety from an outside source that could be from any number of sources and meet any number of criteria can if I have read correctly aggravate a person's situation to the point they are temporarily debilitated and if your own actions are to answer or ask for medication or indicate a need for such medication or present yourself in such a manner that is not your normal self or seen as normal by members of your family and community you can further exacerbate the situation putting you or your friend or relative in jeopardy by any numbers of means.

In other words the last thing you want is for everyone to give up on you and utilize probate court to place you in any State facility if you can at all help it because the thought of repeating such an event lasts in your mind for a time like it or not and further damages your state of mind and again time is lost for everyone.

The purpose of disability is to be a safety net in our country for those that need it and don't be afraid to read yourself or have someone read the information listed on the internet for your benefit to save your life and give your doctor time to understand what it is that has gotten you to the point you are- you may be surprised to find you aren't as "lost" as you may think and that you are no free-loader or welfare case as you may feel unnecessarily.

Testing can be done without being put away if you do it sooner than later and don't let time put the facts and your life at risk. The damage you experience in a hospital that you are unable to leave but able to feel as the worst mistake you ever let happen to yourself may be hard to get past later.

So if you are trying to get something for nothing don't bet on it and if not you'll know only if you are fortunate enough to have a chance to get to the point you can read for yourself or trust someone to show it too you that you deserve what your test results allow you and not to cut yourself short or further harm your ability to recover from whatever your issue may be!

I hope I've made sense here and for God's sake don't take my word for it or anyone else unless you trust them enough to either read it yourself or have it shown to you!

Disability is based on your ability to do what you have done to make a living for your family and to the best of my knowledge doing that in a forty hour week!

If you can't get on track get yourself some help but know for yourself and be careful about being on two many medications and not the right one(s).

I let that happen and it was my fault to some degree at least. I could have saved myself several years in my case and you have to consider it takes a certain amount of time to recover without pressure or harassment from anyone!

In fact that my friends only makes things worse for all involved. I'd rather not detail my own losses or that of my immediate, extended or otherwise.

Lastly you may not be as bad off as you think or someone tells you or treats you so keep your chin up!

Sincerely,

Floyd C. Wooley

Thank you Doctor Katherine Ney for helping me to be in a position with support from family to begin a new path although slow it has been but only because of the delay I may have caused myself or allowed to have caused in reaching some point of understanding.

Read more: http://www.myspace.com/fcliff/blog?bID=538403292#ixzz0x82ON38o
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Weather Channel

Popular Posts